Monday, April 14, 2008

it's official: i'm goin' to thailand!!!!

i just purchased my first ever ticket to bangkok. hell. yes.

it all began about a month ago. my friend beth called me up to tell me that she planned a trip to thailand. by herself. which only proves how kickass beth is. when she voiced only the slightest trepidation about going alone, i, like any good friend, said "i'll go too!!!" i wasn't sure how i was going to swing it. i was in chicago when i talked to beth, on a business trip. it was my last week working for a company i had worked at for 2 years. i had no real job lined up for when i got back, and i was strangely calm with that. my life, you could say, was in a serious state of flux. a dangerous place to be when trying to plan a trip to thailand ("maybe i'll go for a few months! and teach english as a second language!") with the help of my amazing friends, i was able to finagle a ticket. once i get over there, things will be very cheap. thank god for the "economic stimulation" check i will be getting next month!

i cannot stress how much i adore the people in my life who have helped me out over the years. i try not to question what i have done to deserve them.

so. beth and i meet in bangkok on may 25th. then we are off to chiang mai, the mountainous region in northern thailand. there for a few days and then probably off to a beach, maybe ko tao. beth leaves on the 7th and i am alone (gulp) until the 11th. some planning will go down between now and then. if anyone has been to thailand and has any suggestions, please get in touch with me and give me your opinion!

also, i am looking for someone to sublet my l.a. studio apartment for the months of june/july. if you know of anyone who might be interested in a furnished pad in lala land for a couple months, again, contact me.

i am too excited.

also accomplished today: dmv, yoga in the park, got yet another job, this one at a bakery/cafe that specializes in making caramels and marshmallows (http://littleflowercandyco.com/) which could prove dangerous to my plan of getting my ass into shape before i hit thailand, AND i met dave eggers. while i was dressed as a viking.

pretty busy day, i would say. life is fun, life is good.

2 comments:

ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ali said...

First of all - yay that you started a blog! It's about time, missy.

Second of all - but I am kind of peeved I had to hear about it from KK *wink*

Third - f*&king awesome that you got the Thailand trip to work. I was keeping my fingers crossed very tight and am happy that I can now release them. It was getting hard to type, and teach, and...well nevermind.

Welcome to blog land!